Sunday, November 15, 2015

Turkish Delight...not bad

I had a Missions Meeting this afternoon and met the minister from our partner church in Albania. He spoke at church this morning, attending the meeting this afternoon and then spoke at a reception in his honor this evening. What a lovely man and so very engaging. What a nice time we had talking and fellowshipping with him. We had some refreshments at the reception and he brought some offerings of his own that we tasted. It was in a box that was labeled, obviously, in Albanian. It was very sweet and gummy and did I say sweet? It was what we would call Turkish Delight. All I could think of was The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and how Turkish Delight was used as a lure. That's just me. Either way, it was a nice time and experience and I was very pleased to be able to visit and learn.

Now it is bedtime. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment