Thursday, November 5, 2015

Still holding my breath....

It has been a pretty good day for us at the farm except for the hours of 4-7. I had an epic fight with one of my children to the point that I had to walk away and take a break. We've all had those moments; moments where our anger almost overtakes the reason we have to deal with stupid situations. This fight was over getting a flu shot which, if we are being quite honest, is the BEST of all shots to receive in terms of pain inflicted. Okay, I guess the best of all shots is no shot at all, but you get where I am going with this. Anyway, in the middle of our knock down drag out, my mom called to tell me some disturbing news. A childhood friend of mine still goes to the church we grew up in and is married to her high school sweetheart. They have several children and are wonderful parents. They have fostered and adopted and have taught classes for potential foster parents. Just all around great people. After church activities last night, the son left church...he had been angry with his mother. They couldn't find him. The police were involved and a communications center had been set up. We even received an alert for him here in town an hour and a half away. My heart sank. My mom and I were sick. He has diabetes and did not have his medication with him. Here I was arguing about a flippin' flu shot and a mother was worrying about where her boy was. O kept checking the news and my email for news. Later on this evening, ny nother called to say he had been found, but had few details other than that. While I took a big sigh of relief for them, I still feel like I can't breathe for them at the the same time. This is not a situation that will go away now that he is back. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. A lot of hurt that needs to be addressed. I ask for your prayers for this family as they work through the repercussions of what transpired over the last 24 hours. They need them.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment