Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Respect and love

How do we teach our children true respect and love for their most difficult of colleagues? As a Christian, I am taught to look in the Bible and find my guidance there. I am embarrassed to say that I fall short on that idea on a constant basis. We live in a time where we look for the quick fix and are often unwilling to put in the hard work and I am the number one most guilty of that fact. Even though I was a young tween/teen myself, I fail to remember that friendships at this time are cyclical. We're best friends, we're okay friends, we barely speak, we awake from that cycle and are friends again and then lather, rinse, repeat. All I can tell mine is to love their neighbor as they love themselves...obey the Golden Rule...love their friends through the lean times and the lush. But when they are in the middle of the down part of the cycle, it is terribly tempting to give up on the hard work and just give up altogether. As parents, I guess we have to rev them up to get back up the hill of friendship to the summit. Friendship is hard work, but my gracious is it worth it. So worth it.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment