Sunday, August 16, 2015

Shopping after work...bad idea

My oldest needed clothes. She made the smart move, I truly believe, of spending a week in high school and assessing the fashion trends before making lots of purchases. I appreciated her thinking on that. Today after working a very busy day with Promotion Sunday for Sunday School, I told S I would take her to the mall to get some clothes. Recent growth spurts have left her ready for flash floods, but poorly equipped to feel great about what she's wearing. G has been battling a sore throat and snuffly nose for several days and the hub got her an appointment at after hours to get diagnosed with what I predicted...a sinus infection. The boy. The poor boy had a choice to either sit in a sick waiting room or go to the mall. Sophie's choice for sure. He chose the mall. He took it like a champ and got some Doc Popcorn as a reward. We visited several stores, had a modicum of success, managed to avoid an attack from a Mediterranean kiosk employee seeling wrinkle putty and had an entertaining visit to Build-A-Bear for the boy to spend his money on a rabbit dressed as Thor that he officially named "King of Asgard". I still cannot understand the rationale around the marketing campaigns of some of these stores. After reading one too many articles about the employee mistreatment and just horrible practices of Abercrombie, I cannot stomach to give them money. Unfortunately, I didn't know Hollister was under their umbrella and let S get some very attractively priced jeans. I won't make her take them back, but I cannot spend my money there again. She can do what she wants with her cash.

I'm going to go wash this day right out of my hair and get ready for bed. Let's get ready for Monday, friends.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment