Thursday, August 27, 2015

Mom goggles

I don't know if anyone else is a fan but I have said it before and I will say it again, I LOVE The Goldbergs. I can identify with that time period and I just love everything about it. One epsiode has been especially in my mind today. They talked a lot about "mom goggles". Mom goggles are used by moms who think their children are the best at everything and number one at everything and could never possibly ever be less than perfect at anything. We all use these goggles at one time or another, but sometimes there are people who have extra high powered ones:



I am guilty of having mine on from time to time. I sat at a sporting event with a mom today who had on high powered mom goggle readers. It was painful.

Here's the thing. I'm not perfect in any way, or form. Sometimes I need to put my mom goggles on more that I do. My children deserve a mom who stands up and says, "THAT'S MY BABY!!!". We can all do with a little goggle adjustment now and then...some stronger and some weaker.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment