Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Let's talk about punctuality

I may touch a nerve with some people and I am sorry for that, but I have to touch on this subject. Is it wrong to get annoyed when someone is perpetually late? I don't expect everyone to be twenty minutes early like I am. In our house growing up, we were considered late if we were ten minutes early. No joke. Admittedly, I have an issue with earliness. I remember Dr. Phil on Oprah, before he got all commercial and went bonkers, said that lateness was a sign of arrogance...that people can wait on you to begin whatever is happening. I don't know if that is true, but it is certainly food for thought. There are always times when it cannot be prevented: traffic snarls, someone forgot an important piece of paper for school, the dog had explosive diarrhea as you were walking out the door and others. But to be constantly late after making plans and not calling or texting and expecting the other parties to wait on you? Not cool. Not cool at all.

Sorry to get on my soapbox today. I hit my limit today. in a major way.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment