Sunday, August 9, 2015

Kept my cash safe

Our oldest had additional school supply lists thrown her way on Friday. She went to a sleepover/movie/last hurrah get together with friends on Friday and didn't return until Saturday evening. That left today, the last day of the tax free extravaganza, to buy her additional supplies. We were not out for the tax freeness of it all; we just needed the binders and pencils and glue and paper. The school supply section was a madhouse and looked as though it had been hit by a tornado. This is certainly not a commentary on the store's cleanliness, They were in survival mode, looking shell shocked every time they brought a fresh case of something out. They almost walked with their box cutter out, slicing the box open and dropping it while they ran away from the rabid shoppers thirsty for lefty scissors or protractor/compass sets. I kept the cart on the periphery, sending my child in which may sound like leading a lamb to slaughter. She is smaller and quicker than I am, so she could make it in and out a lot more effectively. I did have the hub on standby in case a brawl erupted and we were in need of bail money over colored pencils. I jest, friends. I would not start a fight over school supplies...and he only had $40 in cash, so I would spend a long, hard night in the pokey thinking about crayons and composition books and how I would explain myself to the local news station when they came to interview the "Crazy Crayon Lady".

We survived it and managed to even visit with some friends and make our exhausted cashier smile. It was a good day. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment