Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Goodbyes are tough

We said goodbye to some very dear friends tonight who are moving soon.  I had hoped that I would be better at seeing people go, like that was a skill that developed with age.  Yeah, I was wrong.  I know that with Skype and FaceTime and all that stuff that we will have no problem visiting with them and seeing them, but it won't be the same.  I am grateful for their kindness and love.  I am grateful for my husband's friendship with my friend's husband.  They were certainly two funny peas in a pod.  I have cried off and on since we left their house as have a couple of the children.  We all grieve these kinds of transitions in different ways.  We just want them to be happy and safe and comfortable in their new surroundings.  That is our prayer.  

Have a good evening.  I need to go cry some more.  


Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment