Monday, August 24, 2015

Cub Scout mom night

Tonight I went with the boy to his den meeting witih scouts. This is usually the hub's area of expertise, but he was in another part of the church building planning for youth activities. One child was home and one was at middle school soccer practice, so I was the chosen guest at scouts. It was rather comical. There were six boys there...six boys who were unable to keep still the whole time they were there. They weren't being ugly or misbehaving. They just could NOT keep their arms and legs still. I kept shooting dagger looks at mine and mouthing "BE STILL" while he shot pained looks right back. The leader of the meeting asked the boy to show everyone the handshake and oath and motto and salute. He demonstrated all of them and then kept wiggling. "Son. Be still." He shot me a look, "Are you ever going to let me go to the bathroom? You said I could go after we introduced ourselves and that was almmost an hour ago. I'm dying." Hang my head in shame. He shot out of that room like a bat out of hell. He could probably have cut through concrete with the amount of force shooting out of his little bladder.

If there is a "Maintaining Control of Your Bladder" badge, my son earned it tonight.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment