Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Our oldest is home again

We went to see a wonderful performance this evening from our youth choir. It was their last stop on their tour of the Southeast with a performance at one of the youth girl's grandfather's church that he pastors. They sounded lovely though they looked absolutely exhausted. Makes me teary every year because they look so grown up. Time flies and I wish it would slow down just a bit. There were a few yawns in the choir and some eye rubbing. I think S looked like she might topple over. The girl does not handle exhaustion well at all. When we got her home, it didn't help her situation that the dog, in her excitement of seeing her blonde human, loved her so hard that she rammed S's ear into the windowsill. Hard. I feel like ears have to take a lot of abuse in order to show a bruise. Well, S's ear threshold was met. She was reduced to a mass of tears and I had some myself when I saw her ear swollen two sizes bigger. Thirty minutes later, her ear had started to turn a lovely light shade of purple:



I hope she sleeps in until noon tomorrow.

I'm going to start some laundry and get an ice pack. I'll update you on the new color tomorrow. Ouch!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment