Friday, June 26, 2015

Lotsa laundry

I'll admit. I failed in the laundry department this week. By the time I returned home from church, it was time to redress people for practices, get lots of ice water ready and fix dinner. We had a good supply of undies, shorts and t-shirts...we were fine. Until I looked at Mount Sweatball in the hamper and I was filled with dread. I thought, "I'll just throw all the colors together. Nothing is new enough to bleed." Then I remembered that with VBS comes crafts and mess and food coloring in snacks. So every piece had to be inspected for stains and treated with my new go to stain remover, gold label Resolve. Several hours and fours lint trap clean ups later, I think I am finally caught up...or close. Bounce dryer sheets smell good, but I've had enough.

On another note, we had a slip 'n slide injury today. When you don't have access to a decent pool, or have reached your limit with incompetent lifeguards at the Y, you set up a redneck waterpark in your backyard complete with a striped knock off of a slip 'n slide complete with three striped lanes that ripped as soon as they came out of the box from the store...and the store wouldn't take it back. The dog tried to catch streams of water as they jumped through the air. The boy drew first blood when he jumped and slid on his belly right over an errant plastic Easter egg that had somehow gotten tangled up with the slide. He looked like a wild beast had clawed him from top to bottom, but he felt no pain he said. I went back inside to contiue my conquering of the laundry mountain. Fairly quickly, I heard my name and a "Help". The boy was leaning on the patio rail, unable to put weight on his foot. He is not one to stop the fun due to pain, but he couldn't work through this one. He has been icing and resting it all afternoon. The hub can't find any protuding bones or obvious major injury. Guess we'll see what tomorrow holds.

We are currently watching the USAvCHI halftime commentary. Gimpy boy is making an argument that we should have chocolate milk more oftern since professional soccer athletes drink it in the commercials. The hub is checking the radar to see if we are indded going to get a big electrical storm this evening...and will it wait until the game is over. S is packing for her choir trip that leaves tomorrow. G is practicing soccer foot skills with a miniature ManU soccer ball in the middle of our bedroom floor. Never dull around here.

Night all. A corner kick demands my attention.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment