Tuesday, May 19, 2015

One more time...until next May

Today was our last awards day of the school year, thank goodness. I won't bore everyone again with my soapbox about awards day and how I don't have the constitution to handle the pressure. I feel like Chevy Chase in "Spies Like Us"..."I can't stand the pressure!":



I could only find a picture of it with Spanish subtitiles, but you get the idea. Anyway, all the boy really wanted was an art award. That was it. He came dressed in his pink to support his music teacher who just recently had surgery for breast cancer and was ready to support his other friends:



They had quite a lively group of K, 1st and 2nd graders in the assembly. I love those kids. So stinkin' cute. They were all very well mannered. The boy sat patiently while the awards were called. He got the award he hoped so desperately for, plus a few more. Gravy on the biscuits...icing on the cake. He was thrilled.

Our hearts are full. No, our childrens' worth is not based on the number of awards at awards day. We would love them and cheer them on if they never got a single plaque or printed certificate. We know their worth to us and their character as human beings. For their sake, I am so relieved that they were all able to walk across the stage(or stand in front of it) and be recognized by their teachers and peers. It is certainly a great way to end their school year.

Now I'm going to retire for the evening. School and mowing have caught up with me. Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment