Monday, May 18, 2015

Longest....assembly....ever

SO today was S's awards day. It was the first one of her middle school career that we were able to attend. Her first awards day was spent at home recovering from a horrible case of mono and multiple other issues. That was a nightmare that also led to a summer of home schooling. Woohoo. Last year, the hub and I spent awards day at the hospital meeting with ortho or neuro surgeons that were planning to cut on his back. So this year, he final year of middle school, we spent in a 2.5 hour awards assembly. I am so very proud of S and the many awards and recognitions she received today. I cannot believe that she will be starting high school next year. It blows my mind. The awards assembly, however, was 2.5 hours long. I think people were on the verge of calling for take out before the thing was over...especially the students. Jeepers. We all had the jimmy legs before it was all over with I think.

Regardless, I am so very proud of S and all she has accomplished. She is so very smart and talented, but most of all, just an all around nice young woman. I am honored and humbled to be her mom.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment