Friday, May 29, 2015

Lemonade and FIRE

Our day started at oh dark 3:30am. G left with bunches of other safety patrols at the crack of dawn to go tour Washington DC. She was a little nervous, but excitement was by far the prevailing emotion of the day. They toured the Air and Space Annex today. We just got off the phone with her...a room full of giddy girls. You can imagine the volume level I am sure.

The boy decided he needed to do some work for the community today, so he had a lemonade stand. As anyone with a child who has had this idea knows, the cost of materials usually outweighs the profits of the day. S helped him make his posters and decide on his charity of choice. The community meal at our church is a wonderful program that could always use more funds to help buy food, so he chose it as the lucky recipient of his lelmonade bucks. As he said, he was "helping the community one lemon at a time." Excellent really. He received several generous overpayments from kind strangers and some secretly texted friends and relatives. He made $32.30 for the meal. For a fairly quiet Friday, I call that a pretty good haul for lemonade. He made a delivery up the hill to our neighbor who has hurt her back and to neighbors who were doing yard work. I am ashamed to say it, but I was so thankful when a downpour came and we had to close up shop. My gosh, it was blazing hot outside and 4 hours were enough.

S currently has her buddy over for a sleepover. We came in not long ago from having a fire and s'mores. We tried them with Reese cups this time. Evil. Fire, marshmallows and peanut butter. Evil. When last I left them, they were experimenting with hairstyles and makeup. Who knows what I'll find when I go to wake them up in the morning. Should be fun!

I'm going to bed now. Full days call for full a full night's sleep.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment