Sunday, May 10, 2015

I love this gig....

Happy Mother's Day out there to my three gentle readers! It has been a lovely day here...there's nothing like a warm Spring day in East Tennessee. My children gave me such lovely and thoughtful cards and gifts they had made, along with a new half sheet pan and an Adirondack chair for the patio that I have coveted for many years. I know it sounds completely fake and yucky, but I truly don't need any gifts on this day as my children are gifts that I can never ever deserve and can never thank God enough for them in my life. I consider it the highest of honors to be a mother. Their grace and strength amaze me every year.

My two requests were as follows:

1. Have a hamburger expertly grilled by my husband.
2. Go see the new Avengers movie.

When I gave the second request on the list, my son jumped up and yelled, "HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY TO THAT!!". I'm glad my request was popular. And, yes, go ahead and judge me for taking an 8 year old to a PG-13 movie. I read all the websites and knew when to cover eyes and plug up ears. He loved every second of it. It was pretty darn entertaining.

The hub did indeed grill a fine meal including his excellent burgers and grilled squash/zucchini in garlic butter. Perfecto all the way! S made a lovely dessert of strawberry shortcakes. The youngers helped clean up. A wonderful end to a lovely day.

I am thankful for my mother and as I add more years under my mothering belt, I realize how very thankful I am for her. I wish all of those of you who are mothers, relatives and friends who act as mothers, fathers who have to be the mother role as well and those who have lost their mothers a wonderfully happy Mother's Day. We are all blessed women!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment