Monday, May 11, 2015

Field Day numero uno

The 10yr old had her last field day of her elementary career today. Kid of sad, but she went out on a good note. Her class performed well, cheered on other classes and were pretty darn well behaved I must say. I enjoyed my time listening to the girls and boys chatter on with each other. They are funny creatures these fifth graders. Still kids, but awfully grown up. I am glad I brought my soccer tent, along with some other parents, because the field day track area seemed to be the same temperature as that of the face of the sun. We all managed to stay relatively unburnt and somewhat comfortable. I didn't get too emotional this afternoon when it was over...I think I was so dehydrated that I physically could not make tears, but I had the lump in my throat and the knot in my stomach. But G has had a good run this year. She's worked hard and her work has been paying off and she sees that. I am so glad she is ending her year on a good note, even with a field day first place win for her class. Tomorrow will be field day part two. With a group of 2nd graders, the outcome may be a little different, but it will be just as interesting.



Tune in tomorrow....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment