Thursday, May 14, 2015

Eve of a big day

Tomorrow is G's 5th grade awards day. My stomach is sick for mulitple reasons. Sick with worry that she will get an award...any award. She wants so badly to have some sort of "attagirl". Something. She did win the essay contest and her Wahington trip iis paid for and that should really be plenty. But who doesn't enter an awards ceremony hoping against hope for something? As her parent, I do. At the same time, she never has to win a single award and she will still be tops in my book. I will always be proud of the girl she has become. The other reason my tummy is sick is that time has flown so quickly. Just yesterday, it seems, she was walking into school with her new little shoes, pigtails and a brand new pink LL Bean backpack. She was ready to tear it up. She will be entering a whole new situation in August. She'll be a middle schooler and that makes me queasy. She'll survive in spite of us all I know. I just can't believe she is so grown up.

But I am proud of that girl and the young lady she has become. Love you, sweet G.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment