Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Trackin' it today

Today was the "East" division of the county elementary schools(even though we are really North)Track meet. My child was geared up and ready to do some serious tug o' warring. The high school stadium stands were still puddled with the rain of yesterday and the heat of the day had not yet turned up to massively uncomfortable. I guess she's at that age of being embarrassed by her parents, and I'm pretty embarrassing, so she was less than talkative or cooperative with pictures. Her team pulls their tough hearts out. They placed 5th place out of about 8 teams(maybe more). Since the ground was super soggy, there were lots of soggy bottoms and sore backs from slipping and landing with loud, painful thuds on the hard ground. So I watched my child and then I left to start my duties at home. I am proud to say I successfully applied the right amount of sunscreen to avoid sunburn...especially 80+ degree day sunburn. The tug o war girl? Not quite so much. Oh well.

Time is passing too quickly and I can't believe this is her last track meet appearance as the yelling tug o' war girl. I'll miss it. She's one in a million.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment