Thursday, April 16, 2015

Taco tummies

It is a soccer night which means a late supper. The kids were all rumbly in their tummys and just super happy and delightful in their "weakened" hungry states. I have never been a super fan of the seasoning packets that you put on ground beef to make taco meat. It is the kind of flavor that you are tasting 24hours later and I really am fine not ever tasting it again. My oldest loves to have taco night and had been begging for one for a while. So, in trying to win my first Mother of the Year award, I bought that blasted packet and prepared a taco feast worthy of Cinco de Mayo. The kids came in from soccer practice covered in mud and exhaustion and ready to eat the placemats. Then they stopped in their tracks. "Do I smell tacos?", one asked. "Yes you do." In the words straight out of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "And there was much rejoicing." Now the kids and their taco tummies are headed to bed and I am headed to find the Tums.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Like the time I slaved over a cheese grater and made eleven dollars with of Mac and cheese from scratch. Like a lead balloon, figuratively and literally. When I made Kraft Mac and cheese a week ( or maybe a day later) ...."mom, this is the good stuff" yeah, chew with your mouth closed, it looks like your eating a school bus......Adrienne

    ReplyDelete