Friday, April 17, 2015

My dogs are barking

We had a mission celebration dinner this evening at church. Several speakers who serve missions our church supports spoke and they all dined on a fine lasagna meal. I worked all day with Mr. D in the kitchen to prepare the meal. After school, the hub dropped the two youngers off with me and we put them to work. They prepared the desserts for everybody. They also helped run the dishwasher and set the tables. Then our representative for Stop Hunger Now, R, arrived and we started the process of unloading the truck and setting up the church gym for our event tomorrow. I cannot tell you how excited I am about doing SHN tomorrow. This is our second year at church doing it and they are so fun. But more than that, they are such a powerful way to fight the scourge that is hunger. I can't wait to share more tomorrow. Right now, I need to take some Tylenol or Motrin for my feet. The floors of that kitchen are unyielding.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment