Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gearing up for a search

Tomorrow is Good Friday which means the children are out of school. They have a politically correct name for the reason why they are out, but we all call it Good Friday. In addition to coloring eggs, making bunny cookies and maybe some hot cross buns, we will also be attended the Service of the Shadows at church. I actually just got home from the Maundy Thursday service. These Holy Week services always are quite meaningful for me. Good Friday's especially. But before all that happens, the oldest and I are going hunting for a fancy dress. Sigh. Tomboy mom trying to find a prom-esque dress for the 8th grade dance. Sigh again. There are a couple reasons to dread this. One, the thought of wearing a sequiny fancy dress sounds so uncomfortable to me, even when I had a decent body shape. Two, the anticipation alone is stressful and tension is building for an epic dressing room brawl between two or more family members when constructive criticism is offered tomorrow. I feel it in the air. Three, if I buy her an eighth grade dance dress, then I am admitting that she is about to exit middle school. I am not ready for that. At all. Nope. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

Time for denial by watching some trash on television. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment