Sunday, March 15, 2015

What is that bright, shiny thing in the sky?

It was so nice to see this almost blinding yellow orb in the sky. The warmth and happiness it gave was quite lovely. After I got home from church/work, we changed clothes and went out to play. The kids got up in the playhouse and I sat on the porch and played my ukulele. I know, we need to hang out because I am so cool with a uke and Cat Stevens songs. The children, wanting for greener pastures in which to play, got their wish and we went to a park near our house. They kicked the soccer ball around and the hub and I watched a couple of adult rec league games that were being played. There is something really relaxing about getting to watch a soccer game that does not involve your children in any way. I didn't have to fear that one of them would take a ball to the bean or a kick to the skull or a beautiful game inspired Joe Theismann moment with their leg. I just watched groups of adults play and mess up and try to get in fights with each other and play some fairly lousy soccer...but it was entertaining. We dined outside on hot dogs and fruit salad and then visited our niece who was in town for a bit. She was a bit travel weary and enjoyed all she could in about 20 minutes before overstimulation took over and she went thermonuclear. Feeling pretty responsible, we took our leave, picked up the hub and went to get ice cream as a part of delayed dessert night. Apparently everyone had the same idea, because we saw lots of people there. We shared a table with our good friends and had a lovely end to a really nice day.

Tomorrow the roofers come to start the ripping off process for our new roof. Since it is Spring Break and most people go somewhere, I have come up with an idea. We are going to put our soccer chairs in the front lawn facing the house and picture the new roof as a mountain retreat that we would have liked to visit...before we had to get a new roof. Not really. I am so thankful we have the funds to get a new roof. We can make our own fun here at home and we will.

Enough of all that. My boy wants me to see an app he is trying to develop. I've got to listen. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment