Friday, March 20, 2015

Special lunch

Today has been another creepy rainy day in our fair city. We have all become a bit crazed with the sogginess of our environment and would love for normal rainfall amounts to resume. The dog is bearing the brunt of these conditions. I am a horrible person and have not had her to the dog park as much because, sorry, I don't want to have to give her multiple baths when she jumps in the mud and looks like a chocolate covered chocolate lab. So she has a few little runs in the backyard, trees a few squirrels here and there and looks longingly out the front window and the open road. I get it. So do I.

S went to participate in a mission project with youth all day, so the youngers and I took a trip to a couple towns over and visited the hub for lunch. With his busy schedule and theirs, lunch dates are few and far between. It was nice to visit and see some of his coworkers at the drug store diner where we ate. While I am always grateful for what he does, traveling there makes me even more grateful for his dedication to his job and family. That drive is no fun and to do it twice a day five times a week is brutal. It was a nice end to the last week day of Spring Break.

It is currently 8:27pm EST and I am going to go to bed. I have hit my limit for the day and we all must be up early for soccer games. Wish the boy luck!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment