Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Insomnia, get thee away fromst me-eth

I hate insomnia...although honestly I don't know of many people who just embrace it with an all encompassing love. Last night I flipped and flopped until I just finally turned on the TV and watched a movie. Yes I know that the TV just stimulates the brain and makes it even harder to go to sleep, but I wasn't making any progress laying there in the dark getting spooked by the weird sound I heard outside. I did watch "The King's Speech" which I have always wanted to see and just haven't. It was wonderful and Colin Firth certainly deserved his Oscar. But his performance did not send me into sleep land. My friend has some essential oils ordered for me that she swears by for sleep and relaxation. I am willing to try anything at this point. If I didn't have to get up and yield to nature's call, I would drink Sleepytime tea before bed. Melatonin is useless. So I will catch up on my deep thoughts and ruminations whilst listening to the hub breathe and the two youngers talk in their sleep. Maybe that will eventually put me to sleep as well. Peer pressure sleep style. It could work.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment