Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Get outta my way

I had a bad day today. Just plain rotten. I won't go into details, but it was one that even a peanut butter cupcake(that I did not need)could fix. Nasty is contagious and I caught it and then when I picked my children up they caught it. It was not their fault. I will say that the high point of our day was going to the grocery store this evening. There were two delightful people working in the deli who were kind enough to decipher my request for "some kind of very rare expensive roast beef that my husband got on Sunday" and set us up just right. They even gave us a sample to make sure that it was the right one. They were so kind and diffused the ticking mom bomb that was about to go off and fed my new addiction for Boar's Head London Broil lunch meat. As our friend Ed once said about something he found tasty: "When you take a bite, I'm pretty sure you can hear the angels sing." He was correct. My apologies to my vegetarian family and friends. The bomb did go off when I went home. Life happens and I need to remember how to deal with things, but my free sample was wearing off faster than my patience. Thankfully we all survived several blowups and drama and mopping of floors and polishing of stainless steel appliances and vacuuming up of glue gun strings to make it to bedtime. We are still speaking to each other, I think, and the children are resting peacefully in their beds. Now it is my turn. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment