Monday, September 15, 2014

Open mouth, insert foot

Just another day. A Monday at that, but not anything to complain about. I put a load of towels in the wash and then went to work childcare at church. It was my last day with the hub at home, which kind of makes me really super sad. He will be starting back to work as much as they allow and he can endure. It has been nice to have him here. I kind of really enjoy seeing his face.

I won't bore you with the minutae of a run of the mill day, but I will tell you the dumb thing I did. Soooo, I received a call today. Even though we are on the Do Not Call list, somehow people manage to finagle a way around that. It annoys me to no end. If it is just a person trying to make a buck, I will be as nice as I possibly can. If it is one of those people who request my computer passwords to "assist" me with my troubles on Windows(we have a Mac), I have a tendency to yell things like "Don't call me again...this is a SCAM" and "Call me again and I will report you" and maybe I might slam the old school phone with a cord several times against the cradle. I am not a violent person, but years ago one of those creeps threatened and freaked out my Granny. We all know, nobody messes with your Granny. So anyway, we got a call today from one of those robotic voiced recorded women. She sounded more like a Siri or robot than "This is Rachel from cardholder services. There's no problem with your account...". Then don't flippin call me, Rachel. The robot voice was inquiring about my interest in their product and told me that they would be in our area this coming week. I listened simply because I was waiting for the London Broil to finish broiling and had nowhere to be but oven watching. I can listen to a robot while watching beef cook. With past calls, I often talk to the robot knowing that it will not answer but simply transfer me to an operator in a foreign country. So after I listened to the robot for a good 90 seconds I said, "Are you a robot or a human?". All of a sudden, I heard a heavy sigh and, "Uhhh...totally a human...thanks." I was so embarrassed, I hung up. Way to go there, idiot.

I will leave you with my new favorite child drawing. The boy decided to draw a rock star and his drum set:




I really like the fact tht the guy is so cool he says, "Sup?" and has a bird on his shoulder. Now if that doesn't scream rock-n-roll, I don't know what does.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment