Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Found treasures and stranges measures

After an exhausive search of every nook and cranny and corner and crevice in our house, I came to a couple of conclusions. (1) I have got to stop accepting other people's crud because they are too guilty to just take it right to Goodwill. We are the depository for the guilt purges of others. (2) I desperately need to have a yard sale...but that is not going to happen anytime soon. (3) I realized just how very precious my Granny's patterns are to me and will make sure they are never lost again. The box was located in a random corner of my husband's workshop which says to me that little hands played a part in its relocation. A few tears were shed and some pictures were taken and texted to inform people of the happy discovery. Some may think I am strange. I say if that is what makes me strange, then they really have not paid close attention to me. I do a lot of strange things.



Bedtime approached at our house and, as happens every night, strange questions and comments always start. One child needed help with math homework which was met with a "Go see your dad" comment from me. One was working on homonyms and other language minutae. It was met with a "Call me if you need me." And then the boy. He never fails to entertain. He purchased a book on Milton Hershey at the book fair today and was starting chapter one. I told him it was time for bed and he said, "Take a good look at me tonight." Okay, I thought, I'll do that and hold him tight for a big bedtime hug. "Just wanted you to take a close look at me tonight. I've decided I'm growing a centimeter while I sleep. You'll notice tomorrow. Night." Soooo, if you notice that he looks different tomorrow, you'll know why. Better measure him while he sleeps so I can have a baseline. Stay tuned for tomorrow's measurements.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment