Saturday, September 27, 2014

Eve of teen

My oldest will turn 13 tomorrow and I want to throw up. I won't think about that now except to say that at almost 13 she is currently living it up, post band competition style, at the Waffle House with her fellow percussionists. Dad is lurking somehwere out in the parking lot in the van, probably listening to a soccer game. I am baking a Bisquick coffee cake for her breakfast in bed and am on the verge of collapsing from exhaustion. Soccer games and band competitions are enough to frazzle any parent's nerves. I am grateful to see more baby pics today. My brother looks like a smashing grandfather holding her, so I am thrilled for them.

I am going to wash the deep fried treats smell that only comes from a band booster run concession stand. Girl next to me was delighting in her deep fried oreos. Something to think about. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment