Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Long day, good news

The hub and I had a whirlwind trip to and from Nashville today. We went to see his surgeons and get updates on how they thought he had progressed. The happiest news for him was that he could get rid of his back brace. It was the best news he had gotten in a while. As much as he hates the thing, it has become a source of stability and security for him as he moves through life. Hopefully he will get a bit stronger every day and the nerves that come with walking will go away. I am so grateful for the care he received throughout this whole process. As we sat in our first waiting room(we sat there for two hours), I was struck by the amount of suffering was in the room. Suffering and desperation and worry and anticipation. We were there not too long ago. Two people, praying that these doctors had the solution to end my husband's suffering. I saw those looks on faces. Negative Nelly here. But on the other side, after the endless wait, I saw people emerging from the exam rooms changed. Faces full of hope. Not all of them, but the majority. What an awesome and weighty responsibility to have someone's life in your hands...to have the words that could give them a reason to go on living or...not. When a person is constant pain, the thought of seeing no forseeable end to that pain can be a death nail for their life, mentally or physically I am so glad that B's situation seems to be concluding on a positive note. I pray that all the faces I saw in the waiting room had the same relieve as ours did when we left.

It has been a long day and I am exhausted. Happy snoozing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment