Thursday, August 14, 2014

Finally not so tiny

My oldest came to the car huffing and puffing today like a middle school sherpa. Her school team has still not been allowed to have access to their lockers yet. In the sea of beginning of the year paperwork, someone has forgotten to turn in something so everyone can begin their teens with back problems. I told her, "Well. You've been wanting to build up your muscles. You'll be able to piggyback an elephant by the end of the year." I asked if any of her friends had spurted up in height over the summer. I noticed at G's Meet and Greet that some of her classmates had grown quite tall. She name a few people who had grown up a bit. Then all of a sudden, she got a big grin on her face. "I'm finally taller than someone. FINALLY!!! I never thought it would happen!". She was as surprised as anyone and tickled to death.

They are all growing up way too fast...and all their friends are too. If only we could freeze time for a bit longer....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment