Sunday, July 6, 2014

I am stranger than even I think

It seems like every day I come out with some quirk that apparently is the weirdest thing that anyone has ever heard of in their life. In my opinion, those people have not been out in the world much...but who am I to judge being so strange and all. Variety is the spice of life. Think of me this way: I can either make you feel much better about yourself OR you can use a quirky example at your next dinner party.

Here is a short list of quirks that were recently pointed out to me during a phone conversation with a friend. It was indeed eye opening and kind of amusing.

1. When washing my hair, after the shampoo is on my hair I have to rinse my hands off before I can then stick them back in my soapy hair and rinse it. My response? The HORROR.

2. I have shared this one before and thankfully I have a husband who is understanding. I must have the opening of the pillowcase pointed to the middle of the bed when I am sleeping. It also makes me feel better when the hub has his pointed that direction. You cannot be too careful about alien creatures coming from the side of the bed and crawling into your pillowcase. I have done this since I was capable of decision making of the lowest form. Biggest problem with this quirk? Twin beds. Think about it. The horror. Really.

3. My children pointed this one out to me as we waited for our dinner at Five Guys a few weeks ago. When dining on the shelled peanuts while you wait, I cannot peel one and eat it...peel another and eat it...repeat. Just like with peel and eat shrimp, I want to get all the work done and then sit back and enjoy the fruits of my "labors". The kids, who are on a bowl of peanuts like piranhas like a fisherman's foot, thought this was crazy.

This is a silly little post of no great philosophical value. No one is going to be a better person from reading it. It is full of the rantings of an apparently mental peanut sheller. Just know this, you don't have to thank me for saving your life with the pillowcase thing. Knowing you are safe is thanks enough for me.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment