Saturday, April 12, 2014

She came in like a wrecking ball...have mercy...

Yet another soccer Saturday in the books, dear three readers. Because our oldest is still coughing like a maniac, she was confined to the house and not in the pollinated allergy air that is thick at this time in East Tennessee. No black and white ball for her. Rest, a warm puppy and movies were on her agenda today. The youngers had two very intense and action packed games. The boy ran and kicked and threw like a champ. This was without a doubt the most physical game he had played and I honestly thought one of the opposing coaches would stroke out on the field he was yelling so loud. Um, they are 8 and under. Just saying. My poor boy had that super red face and exhaustion that comes from fighting a good fight and coming out victorious. A post-game juice box was not cutting it. After watching a friend play her game, the family made the walk to the other end of the complex to watch G play her game. I truly tink there should be some sort of dispensary for Xanax for moms at the fields. My nerves are shot before the game even starts. G is a physical player. Not a dirty player, but a physical one. In goal, she throws herself at the ball, dives for it, sacrifices her body when she has to do so. To see her run right at someone with the ball, grab it and cover her head in time for them to fall on top of her and roll around...it is just too much. One of those falls would be enough for me. More than enough. Today she had a collision that went bad and scared me as they always do. This time her coaches had to assist her off the field. Luckily one is a physical therapist and he more than gets his practice on my child alone. She is like a Mack truck wrecking ball running for that ball, but with grace. I thoroughly love seeing her face out there on the field...just not after she has gotten a mouthful of dirt from saving a goal.

I do not envy the sore leg she will have for a few days, but I do envy her natural athletic ability and competitive nature. But next time, can I give her a few layers of bubble wrap first?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment