Monday, April 14, 2014

Attack of the POLLEN VORTEX

I don't know if anyone else out there has seasonal allergies and sinus crud, but if you don't...you are one lucky somebody. If you live here in East Tennessee, it is almost unavoidable I hate to say. I had a full, full day yesterday that started with a 7:15 arrival to work and ended with a church council meeting that ended at 8pm-ish. From about my 4pm on, I felt the tiny tickle in my throat grow from a mere annoyance to an inevitable problem in 10 minute increments of yuck. Upon my arrival home, I was scrambling to find Mucinex and Sovreign Silver and Flonase and Echinacea. This morning we woke to hear of the scourge of the "Pollen Vortex" and my sinus cavity was screaming curses at its mention. After the morning coughing concluded, the boy asked whether I had bruised a lung and if it was possible to cough one out. I am still convinced that I have had a few coughs that knocked one loose. The neti pot did not yield the usually gory and gross results that it often does, so when the Neti pot is ineffective, the "Vortex" wins. Tonight I got some liquid Tylenol or "Wal-enol" from Walgreens to hopefully do some work and allow me to sleep a little bit better than the wake up every 30 minutes I did last night. Those waking times did allow me to think about the load of laundry I forgot about that was souring in the washer, walk around and check the breathing of all family members, trip on a random old school make up case in the middle of the girls' floor and lay back down and cuss the old school make up case that should have not been in the middle of their floor. One of those kinds of nights is more than enough, so I welcome some sleep which will hopefully welcome some sinus healing powers. Either that or my renditions of Janis Joplin and Ray LaMontagne songs will be closer to their style with my gargled with glass kind of rasp. My neighbors on the work hall will kindly shut their doors a little faster when I start to sing I am sure. Oh well. Off to take my elixir. Fingers crossed that it works. If you need a mental image, just thing of Curious George when he got into the bottle of ether:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment